Now that inflation is at its highest level since the oldest millennials were born (9.1% in June, 8.5% in July), everyone on Twitter is suddenly an economist, offering only the hottest of takes on where we’re headed and what’s to blame for the inflation.
Is it Biden? Student loan forgiveness? Greedy capitalists? Mole people? The Fed? Crypto?
No one, including actual economists, really knows for sure what’s going on with inflation, but one thing we all seem to agree on is that prices are high, and there’s no apparent relief in sight.
As the Fed remains hawkish in raising interest rates, and we await the September CPI report, we thought we’d walk on the lighter side of things and share some of the funniest memes and Tweets about inflation that are currently making the rounds.
30 Of The Funniest Inflation Memes
1. Printing money seems to be the solution to all our problems anyway, so why not?
2. It’s almost as if the Fed doesn’t really know what it’s doing.
3. Boing boing.
4. No matter how you slice it, you’re getting f*cked.
5. Congress has been doing everything they can…to do nothing they can.
6. Currently this is the best policy we have for fighting inflation.
7. In times of trouble, always turn towards financial prudence.
8. They say it’s 8.5%, but…
9. THANKS FOR DOCKING MY PAY BOSS!
9. I think they were trying for a joke, but it’s hitting a little too close to home.
10. She will hopefully be a 2 soon, but seems unlikely.
11. My “means” can’t cover the basics in this economy.
12. Small wins for homeowners and other installment debtors!
13. It’s called “Shrinkflation“
14. “See, look, we didn’t raise our prices!”
15. Finally, an ACTUAL solution is being offered.
Whoever keeps those Arizona iced teas at $0.99 should be in charge of inflation
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) March 9, 2022